July 16, 2007

Echo Park

In the midst of my insane spring, I had absolutely NO time for reading... and frankly I was starved for some good reading by the time I got to... just in time for my favorite contemporary novelist Michael Connelly, to have his recent paperback in print... Echo Park... as always I enjoyed his writing... again it was a novel using his character Harry Bosch... since I do not have time for my own editorial, I will give you the back of the book...

"In 1993, Harry Bosch was assigned the case of a missing person, Marie Gesto. The young woman was never found -dead or alive - and the case has haunted Bosch ever since. Thirteen years later Bosch is in the Open-Unsolved Unit, where he still keeps the Gesto file on his desk, when he gets a call from the DA's office. A man accused of two heinous killings is willing to come clean with regard to several other murders in a deal to avoid the death penalty - including the killing of Marie Gesto. Bosch must get close to the man he has sought - and hated - for thirteen years. And then he is confronted with the fact that he missed a clue back in 1993 which could have stopped the nine murders that followed the killing of Marie Gesto..."

No comments: