July 22, 2007

Copy or Coffee?

The other day I had written a Bible Study on my computer, and I wanted to find a store to print it out, and make about 15 or so copies for the college students. I went over to the Asia's Hope Leadership Center to ask one of the college students if they knew of a place, and could perhaps take me to the store... I went upstairs to ask the boys and the conversation went something like this... "Do you know where I can get some copies?" "Coffee? No coffee here, coffee at Guest house." "Guest house? We can not make copies there. What are you talking about?" "Yes, coffee at guest house, no coffee here." (Add a very befuddled look to my face in your mind)... then after a few minutes of this, one of them looked at the others and said, 'No, no COFFEE, COPY...' OOOOOHHHH, the light bulbs had gone on in all of our eyes, and from there, I thought that it would be WAY too difficult to ask one of them to take me to the store, so I got a moto taxi... it is amazing that anything gets done in this world sometimes...

No comments: