June 02, 2006

Reading again

Can you ever not recommend C.S. Lewis? I just read "A Grief Observed" again... an amazingly detached title for such a difficult and heart rending topic. I will be posting one of my favorite quotes here soon. If you have never read it, it is a short book in 4 parts chronicling the grief of C.S. Lewis after the death of his wife Joy Davidman. I was again struck by the progression of anger, to acceptance, to renewed faith (or should I say a new type of faith?).


I have read almost all of Connelly's books, including one that he merely edited (weird, I know). "Crime Beat" was the first non-fiction one that I have read, even though he started his career as a reporter. I am still sold on his fiction, I think that I would need to get used to his reporting writings... all that said, maybe he should write a 'true crime' book... might be interesting to see the result... until then, I am looking forward to the next Harry Bosch book (the main character in most of his novels.)

No comments: