June 13, 2006

Posting # 100 - thanks again Hamlet

I noticed a few days ago that I had made 99 postings to the blog... so I thought about what could be number 100, and nothing really came to mind, but as I was listening to a recording of Hamlet the other days, this passage really came out to me... even though Hamlet is talking about the possibility of his own death, the words could be applied to just about anything... my 'translation' is below...

Hamlet "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come. The readiness is all. Since no man of aught he leaves, knows aught, what is't to leave betimes? Let be."

Graham's attempted translation: "Nothing happens by accident. Even a sparrow will not fall to earth apart from God's plan, purpse and care. If it happens now, it is not supposed to happen at any other time. If it is not to happen in the future, it will happen now. And if it doesn't happen now, it will eventually happen. All you need is to be ready for it. No man can see into the future to know what he's missing out on, so what's wrong with dying 'early' in life if all is ordained by God? Let it alone."

Thanks my friend...

No comments: