November 20, 2007

Water Festival, Motos, New Buildings and more...

Well, this week is the annual Water Festival in Phnom Penh... and yes it is a huge step up from the Lexington Blueberry Festival... Actually the city will swell by, get this, 2 to 3 MILLION PEOPLE! Amazing... it seems that a very large percentage of Cambodia's rural population make the journey to the big city to see the boat races, buy and sell things at discounted prices, go to concerts and just have a regular good 'ole time... I can not imagine it, but I have been told by some people that it is literally packed body to body in many places along the Riverfront... Traffic is already crazy as it is... I can not imagine 2-3 million MORE people being here... I will be taking some pictures as we walk (shuffle?) around....

More moto news... what happens when your arm is nearly healed, there are three people driving two motos, and someone has saved up $600? The answer is, I ended up buying another moto for myself... don't worry... the long story short is that I only own one, sold my other one to someone it worked better for, and bought a Honda... Always stick with Honda...

About a year ago, a friend of Asia's Hope, Narin Chey, began a new church in Phnom Penh. It has been steadily growing, and the current building will not suffice the needs of the congregation. So, Asia's Hope and Gospel Commission Fellowship are partnering to have a rented building to house the church as well as the college students from Asia's Hope. I think that everyone is excited about the change... I saw the house today, and it is in need of a lot of work, but please pray that everything will be needed when it is time for the church to meet there, as well as the students to move in.

At Pannasastra University, I am getting ready to finish my first three month term, and get started on another one. I have learned a lot this term, but I can also see that I can improve. We will have about a week break and then get back to school. I had entertained the idea of coming home to the US for Christmas, but with some things to do with Asia's Hope Christian School, the travel time, trying to cram everything into a short week in the US and then fight jet lag just before going back to teach became a little too overwhelming to battle.It does look like I will be taking a trip back to Vietnam for another visa renewal.

As far as prayer requests, several thousand miles away, my sister has given birth to a second son... to make a very long story short, there are some real concerns with his health. Please pray for him... thank you.

And finally... it always good to have a Buckeyes win over Michigan!

May God bless you with a great Thanksgiving. Graham

No comments: