August 06, 2007

The whirlwind has come and gone...

Today we send back to the US the team from Quest Church in Westerville. They did a fantastic job, but it was a FAST week and a half that they were here... some of the highlights were an outreach dinner to business professionals in Phnom Penh, an outreach to high school and college age students at Gospel Commission Fellowship, Bible studies with the college students, a dinner honoring the Asia's Hope staff, lots of games with the orphans, a trip to Battambang, service to the new Grace Brethren International Ministry center in Battambang (cleaning desks, bathrooms, floors... and the like) and various other stops along the way... I honestly can not remember everything that we did...

This group had a LOT of energy, and seemed to gel with everyone we spent time... they particularly enjoyed getting to know Savorn (AH Cambodia director) and his wife Sony, all of the college students, our rent-a-van driver Vuthy, Pheakdey, Sreykan, Seda and the whole crew... there did not seem to be anyone that they did not enjoy spending time with...

Because this team primarily was in Phnom Penh, we were able to work in a few of the cultural stops as well including the Toul Sleng genocide museum, The Killing Fields, a brief stop at Wat Phnom, as well as the Royal Palace... Even though these things sometimes feel a bit 'touristy' I think that they are vital to understanding the greater Khmer culture, their history, as well as their traditions and religion...

I thank you for your continued prayers for myself and all of those here in Cambodia. August will include a bit of job searching... you can pray for me specifically as I have found out about a possible opening with Samaritan's Purse (Franklin Graham's ministry) that I am really interested in. I am actually sending an application with the Quest team back to the US to be mailed. I don't know if it will bear any fruit, but I am trusting the Lord... it would be a great opportunity.

Thank you to all of you who have written back to me, as well as prayed for me. It is always encouraging to hear a few words from those on the other side of the big pond. May God bless you all in every way... Graham

No comments: