June 22, 2007

a variety of faces

As I had mentioned in a previous email, internet access has not been as easy as in previous years, so my updates have been a little less frequent... here's a short one for you all...

Since I last wrote, we have done an evangelistic outreach at a state run orphange as well as with Gospel Fellowship Church. Both were interesting and rewarding experiences in their own right.

I was able to visit at a church that I will probably be helping with music from time to time. Their music is SO much different from what I am used to that it is hard to see what kind of use I could be, so that is something I need to commit to prayer.

I did recently post some pictures on my blog (http://www.grahamgeisler.blogspot.com/) so you can see a variety of faces.

Last Monday we held a teacher training session at Asia's Hope Christian School to work with teachers on areas of classroom discipline, integrating our faith into our teaching as well as developing effective lesson plans. The sessions were taught by the Superintendant and Assistant Superintendant from Worthington Christian School as well as myself and a kindergarten teacher.

The man who is serving as the interim-principal of Asia's Hope Christian School has asked me to work on working on some computers and simple typing programs so that the students may begin to develop some computer and typing skills (please don't spell check this email!). My health has been doing much better than in previous summers with the exception of one (gratefully short) time. But I do ask for your prayers there.

Currently we are in Thailand, and we will be here through next Wednesday. Most people will fly home, but I will go back to Cambodia. I will be taking the first two days to sleep and get some sort of real rest, and then get back into some other projects.

I recently learned that I will be helping to lead a group of Americans that will be here at the end of July, which will be another new endeavor.

It has been a real blessing to see the college students in Cambodia again and begin to interact with them. It is a real joy to teach them and to see them become faithful followers of Christ.

Tonight we will be going to a student retreat for Thai teenagers, and I may end up speaking there. May God bless you all and thank you for your prayers!

Graham

No comments: