June 15, 2007

In short, A LOT is going on...

I am sorry that it has taken so long to get an email out to everyone... things are going well and we swung into action early on the first full day that we were here.

It absolutely baffles me to think of all the things that have transpired in the last 5 or 6 weeks... graduating from Akron, 2 band concerts, a weeklong Senior class trip, packing up all of my belongings and putting it into a storage unit, saying goodbye to numerous people and students, flying halfway around the world, adjusting to a culture that I have not seen in about 50 weeks, traveled back and forth from Battambang on a hot bus, etc., etc...

Things have not been much slower here. We have already been to 4 different orphanges, the Christian school, spent time with the college students, done some planning for changes at the Christian school, done "Well-Child Checks" with 19 new orphans, took pictures of all of the children for sponsorship, and the list continues to grow.

I am excited about the new opportunites that lie ahead of me here in Cambodia. Many are out of my comfort zone, but that is okay. I am relying on God's strength to sustain me. Tomorrow we take many of the children swimming for the very first time! Fun, sun and lots of hacking up water...

We will spend time with the teachers at the school doing teacher training on Monday and then have an outreach with Great Commission Fellowship on Monday night. Next Thursday we leave for Chiang Mai, Thailand to see all of the work that is being done there, minister to the orphans and spend time at the brand new college student center....

In short, A LOT is going on...

Prayer often seems like a strange excerise... but God has ordained it for use in our hearts and has His purposes for it... please keep praying for me and the others who are here. The three girls from Mansfield Christian are doing great, and excited about what they can do.

May God bless you in every way.
Graham

No comments: