January 17, 2007

Random words that have caught my ear lately...

There's a dark cloud rising from the desert floor
I packed my bags and I'm heading straight into the storm
Gonna be a twister to blow everything down
That ain't got the faith to stand its ground
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted

- Bruce Springsteen in the song The Promised Land
___________________________________________

"There is no use trying," Said Alice. "One can not believe impossible things."

"I dare say that you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Lewis Carroll, from Alice in Wonderland

No comments: