January 09, 2007

Not much to say...

I am not sure that I know the origin of the phrase, "they just got their head handed to them". However, I know it when I see it. Last night, Ohio State got their head handed to them by Florida. As with many Buckeye fans, this morning I woke with a variety of questions in my mind... "Did Tressel's game plan so revolve around Ted Ginn that when he went down, there was no Plan B?"; "Antonio Pittman was working, why did we not run the ball?"; "Could that much rust have accumulated?"; "Where was the O-line?"; "Where was the D-line?"; "What in the world happened to Troy Smith?". Ultimately, you give credit to Florida and you move on, but it sure was unfortunate to see such a fun and exciting season end like that. But I have never seen a Tressel team so unprepared. Earl Bruce, yes. John Cooper, most definitely. Tressel? That was the biggest egg he has laid since coming to Columbus. To end a season like that is almost unexcusable. Even though there are a variety of things that really frustrated me about this game (the biggest thing obviously being the loss itself), one of the most frustrating to me is the fact that that for all time this Ohio State team will be listed in the 'Pretender' column next to all of the other D-I teams instead of the only 'Contender' when they had so much potential for winning it all... it truly was a sad day to be a Buckeye fan. Nevertheless, it is over... we all still know that we bleed Sacrlet and Grey, and that if it comes down to it, we want Tressel over anyone else on the sideline, and next fall, we will be aching for those heroic plays by Troy... All I can say for myself is that I still wore my Ohio State shirt to bed last night.

No comments: