August 30, 2005

My favorite picture that I didn't take...


This picture is of Sreynith who lives at the Battambang orphanage. She is 11 years old, and if I understood correctly lives there with two other siblings. She was orphaned when her father went to climb a coconut tree after a rainy day, slipped, fell and died. There are several other children in the family and the mother could not afford to keep them so she gave them up. She has gone to work somewhere in a restaurant, I believe. If I had the resources and the laws weren't as they are, I would adopt this girl in about the bat of an eyelash. This picture was taken by my friend Jen, but I could only wish that I took such a fun picture!

1 comment:

curiousceridwen said...

She's such a cutie! It makes me ashamed that I get stressed out over little things when she's had such a hard life and can still smile with such joy.