August 24, 2005

August 24

Well, today is the first day of school at MCS (see side link). School always starts with a bit of trepidation, and then continues with a roller coaster of emotions and thoughts throughout the course of the year. There are some excellent high moments (concerts, breakthroughs with students) and some lower moments as well. Above all though is the fight with fear. Trusting God to guide, direct and provide is a constant battle. I am sure for other people it is other things, but this is the temptation for me. It is not like I do not know what I am doing. By God's grace, I do have a pretty good grasp on what has to happen. It is always just the intangibles that get me. You'll have that. Take them to the Lord. Okay, here we go... the annual routine of helping junior high girls to get their locker open... a true sign that school has indeed begun. Have a great day!

No comments: