February 20, 2010

Hello, Goodbye (one chapter ends, another chapter begins...)

The Beatles had a little nonsensical tune once that said, "You say yes, I say no... you say stop, but I say go, go, go... you say goodbye, but I say hello..."

I think that kind of sums up the way Seda and I have been feeling the last few weeks. We leave tomorrow night, and I have come to the conclusion that I have no idea how to feel or what to think about our departure from Cambodia.

We have been to numerous get-togethers over the last couple of weeks - and we have one more tonight - to say goodbye to family, friends, co-workers, ad infinitum.

Please keep Seda in your prayers, as she has felt the whole gamut of emotions, from excitement to fear and more...

The big question that looms over my head is not trying to find employment in the US or how we will manage as a couple in a new culture, or any of the other numerous questions that have swirled around in my brain for the last month. The biggest question for me is, has coming to Cambodia been a success or a failure for me personally?

I stepped out in faith in June 2007 leaving a good job, good friends, family, etc to pursue tent making in Cambodia so that I could serve orphans, another Christian school, and another church. Was it worth it? Was it a success, or not? I'll be honest in saying that my internal scales tilt in different ways on different days. There is no question that marrying Seda has been the biggest blessing, but that was a part of God' plan that I had not initially calculated.

So, with mixed feelings (yes/no, stop/go, hello/goodbye, succeed/fail) Seda and I both take another step of faith back to the US. We leave large pieces of our hearts here with family and friends, but we know that the Shepherd of our hearts is also leading us on to other things for the time being.

Thank you for all of your support, prayers, and giving over the last 2 years and 9 months. We have been so blessed by all of you... God has used every email, every financial gift, and every word of encouragement to help us. Please don't stop praying for us as we cross the ocean and transition to this new place and new chapter in our lives.

May Jesus bless you in every way,

Love, Graham and Seda

No comments: