July 29, 2008

The Pelican Brief...

Okay, so I know this book was written in 1992 and I am just getting around to reading it, but I enjoyed reading John Grisham's third novel (what is he up to now, 30?)... anyway it was a good, and as always, intriguing read... two Supreme Court Justices are assassinated, and there is no trail for the FBI to follow... however, a law student at Tulane does some research and makes a lucky guess at who could be funding the assassinations... it is a lucky guess that costs the lives of numerous people and has a paper trail leading all the way to the White House...

On a funny note with this, when I was finishing the book, I thought, I'll just go down and see if they have a copy of the movie at the DVD shop... no luck, but the Cambodian seller looked at me and said, oh, the one with Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington? I looked at him with a bit of disbelief, and said, "uh, yeah, that one"... how some guy in Cambodia knows the names of actors from a lesser known movie that is probably 20 years old is beyond me...

No comments: