March 16, 2008

Why are the Beatles the greatest rock band ever? #1: Music Videos

For a long time, I have considered making a series of blog postings about why the Beatles have a claim to being the best rock band ever. Some of my friends scoff at this statement, but I think that there are numerous reasons to agree. This will be the first posting in a series... the reasons will not be in any particular sequence of importance... with that being said, here is the first reason...

The Beatles were the first band to make music videos... they invented the genre. Because they were not able to go to the US for a follow up appearance on the Ed Sullivan show, they created these videos and sent them off to be shown on the TV show... and so was born the genre of the music video... These are the first two... the songs "Rain" and "Paperback Writer"

2 comments:

John McCollum said...

They're no "Journey."

Graham Geisler said...

Ohhhh... John, I had to breathe deep and count to ten when I read this... just keep an open mind my friend...