February 21, 2008

a short email

It has been a little less than a month since I wrote to all of you... I just wanted to give you a few thoughts and then let you move on to the rest of your email...

First, my apologies go out to all of the people at Mansfield Christian School who somehow did not get my last email... I am not sure what happened, but if you want to read it, you can still visit my blog and look for a posting called 'Shiny Veneers, CT Scans and some big news...'

The BIG news, if you missed that email is that Seda and I have gotten engaged, and per the culture, had a party to make that official... there are some great pictures on my blog (use the web link is at the bottom of this email).

Also, I will be coming back to the States for about three weeks in mid March, which will be great. If you are interested, I am hoping to have a get together with anyone who wants to hear about the last (almost) 9 months... more details will come on that.

We had a number of people from Asia's Hope come through Cambodia and Thailand this past month, and it was great to see new faces as well as some good friends. During that time I did agree to help the Asia's Hope student center in a more formal position along with a friend who is a Cambodian pastor.

Other than that, life just keeps trucking along teaching English, learning Khmer, and volunteering a number of hours a week by teaching English to English teachers and by teaching the Bible Study with the college students. Also, please keep me in your prayers as I continue to look into different employment possibilities in Cambodia.

I look forward to seeing any of you that I can when I am back!

Graham

No comments: