January 02, 2008

Hercules Poirot’s Christmas

I really did spend part of my Christmas with Hercule Poirot! It just happens that he was in the book (Hercules Poirot’s Christmas) that I was reading on my way to and from Vietnam… I had to go and renew my visa… changing it to a business visa so that I could continue to teach in Cambodia… here is what happened…

Poirot was visiting a friend of his when he was asked to look into the gruesome murder of an elderly millionaire over the Christmas holiday. As with all of his cases, nothing came easily… to start off with, there was a tremendous amount of crashing about and a horrid scream that emanated inside the dead man's room at the time of the murder… however, when the only door to the room was opened, all of the windows were bolted shut from the inside, and no one was inside except the dead man Simeon Lee… Lee's unloving demeanor and greed gave all of his family members cause to put him away… but who actually did it? When the house staff are cleared of wrong doing, it leaves only Lee's family that could have killed him… no one feels like sharing any good wishes this holiday season, except Hercule Poirot, who always believes that truth and conviction are among the best of gifts…

No comments: