December 23, 2006

The Autobiography of George Mueller

Recently I finished reading The Autobiography of George Mueller. I have had this book for the better part of 15 years, but have never read it. The style was a little hard for me to get into at first, but the spiritual truths that come out of it are amazing. This man set out to support orphans, in obedience to God, to show the world that God could provide for his people simply through prayer. He never asked people for a dime, but continued in prayer even when it seemed hopeless. His faith in the reality, provision and promises of God are humbling and instructive. It challenges my own addiction to Western Materialism and 'me-centered' living. Don't read it if you don't want to be challenged by the way that you live, the way you spend your money, and the way that you are investing your life for eternity. If you are listening, you will be changed.

No comments: