May 17, 2006

2 Books

I have finished up a couple of books in the last month or so that I wanted to add...

Death in the City by Francis Schaeffer is a powerful commentary on the effect of sin upon our post-Christian/relativistic/post-modern culture. He discusses several portions of Romans as well as the example of Jeremiah to show why things are that way, as well as what our response as Christians should be... a good read, I highly reccommend it.

Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne was something that had sat on my shelf for a long time. I actually got it used to begin with, but it was a good read as well... it is considered one of the earliest Science Fiction novels, even though it does not include the modern use of aliens and UFO's. There were several things that entertained me about it, especially since I have also circumnavigated the globe.

No comments: