October 13, 2005

Sophat


I don't know if this picture will seem anti-climactic, but this was definitely my favorite picture from the trip. The last picture was summed up alot of my feelings about the trip to Kampuchea... a lot of fun, beautiful people, a great high for me personally... but this picture sums up Asia's Hope, the ministry that I have gone with... God is providing hope to Khmers and Thais through a small group of people that are looking to Christ. This boy, Sophat, who had no future of any significance, can now have food everyday, clothing, a place to live, friends to play with, and hope for the future. I will always remember a moment where he was excitedly naming all the parts of the body for us (in English). It was just something that he had been learning, and he wanted to show it to us. These are the discarded of Kampuchea... the supposedly worthless... yet, treasured by God. Thank you God for letting me be there to see it happen...

1 comment:

curiousceridwen said...

So is this the end of the pictures, then? That would be sad; I've enjoyed them. He looks like a sweet little boy. Isn't it crazy to think that any one of us could have been born in a place where we might have been the discarded ones? It's a big responsibility to be blessed...must go bless others.