September 16, 2005

#8 - Girl in Battambang


I love this shot. Here is this little girl who has nearly nothing to her name, but is so joyful over the prospect of holding a ball filled with air, and getting her picture taken. We were working on several of the children's teeth, and she was either waiting to be seen, or waiting for the other orphans to be seen by the dentist. This is the same girl (if you have seen any of my video shots) who is swimming at the water park in the same dress she is wearing in this picture. There are no swimsuits... it is just jump in with the clothes you have. This is one her of two outfits. In many ways it seems like we should pity her, but she is content and joyful. Those are things that I want! What a smile!

1 comment:

curiousceridwen said...

She's so cute!

Hey, if you wish for more traffic on your blog, but not silly spam traffic, you should check out xanga.com. I think I'll phase out my blogspot because no one ever comments on it, and I suspect no one is visiting it anymore. Come visit: www.xanga.com/curiousceridwen