July 07, 2012

"unless we form a holy habit"

"If it be Thy will, bestow these many tokens of Thy loving-kindness on those who know Thee not, to draw them to Thy service; for me it is enough to have the riches that faith brings in the knowledge of Thee."

"O Lord, enlarge the chambers of my heart that I may find room for Thy love. Sustain me by Thy power, lest the fire of Thy love consume me."

"Life is full of perils and of hidden reefs, on which we shall make shipwreck without the continual succor of the grace of God... How can He be in our thoughts, unless we form a holy habit of abiding in His Presence, there asking for the grace we need each moment of our life?"

"Believe me, count as lost each day you have not used in loving God."

- from 'The Practice of the Presence of God', 'Gathered Thoughts', pgs 110, 111, 112

No comments: